Friday, January 25, 2013

23 Week Bumpdate


How far along? 23 weeks, although I look like I was close to 30 weeks with Cohen. And I'm feeling about like that too. 

How big is baby? Baby is about 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound now, about the size of a large mango.

Movement: So much movement. It surprises me, actually. He's most active at night after Cohen goes to bed. He usually moves and kicks continuously for about 3 hours at night. 

Sleep: I am sleeping like a log right now. The only times I wake up in the middle of the night is when Cohen wakes up for some water. And when he wakes up in the morning, it's always hard to roll out of bed. I'm not taking any more naps these days, but when Cohen goes down for his nap, I do use that time to rest.


Best moment this week: I started thinking about the baby's room this week. I think I have an idea of what I will do in there, and that's getting me excited.


Miss Anything? I already miss sleeping on my belly, although the body pillow is helping me out a lot. I also miss not having backaches and feeling fatigued all day (but really, with 2 kids, what are my chances of not feeling fatigued when this guy comes?).

Food cravings: Little Debbie snack cakes. Ooooh, I could eat the whole box if I knew no one would judge me. I also get random cravings for pancakes and hamburgers.

Anything making you queasy or sick: I am trying to pinpoint exactly what it is that is making me feel like I'm 10 weeks pregnant again. Grease? Dairy? Eggs? Something doesn't sit well with me. Also, cooking ground meat totally turns me off.

Gender: Baby boy!

Labor Signs: Nothing, and hopefully nothing for a long time. I have been dealing with lots of cramping and lower backache this week. I called my midwife on Wednesday, and she confirmed that it was probably due to lots of stretching and growing. We are keeping an eye on it though. Lots of Braxton Hicks, too.

Belly Button in or out? In. It's stretching and shallowing out a bit, though.

Wedding rings on or off? Wedding band is way too tight, so it's off. Engagement ring is holding out though.

Mood: I think it depends on who you ask! I feel good emotionally. I'm really enjoying being pregnant and feeling baby boy move around.

Looking forward to: Next week I'll be 24 weeks -- that's a big deal because it means doctors consider him "viable" if he were to be born at or after 24 weeks.



2 comments:

Comments? Yes, please!