Monday, May 6, 2013

37 Week Bumpdate


How far along? 37 weeks, 6 days. FULL TERM, BABY! It feels good to be here. It feels strange to be here. It feels like I've been pregnant forever, and I'm bracing myself to stay pregnant for another 3 and a half weeks. I think my little guy is very comfortable in there.

How big is baby? My What to Expect app says he's still the size of a watermelon and weighs about 7 pounds. Cohen was 7 pounds 9 ounces at 39 weeks. I think this one will be about 8 pounds at 39 weeks.

Movement: Not as much as I'd like (which means not as much as what has been normal). Last week at my midwife appointment, I brought up my concerns and we did a non-stress test. Baby looks good -- his heart rate and number of movements satisfied my midwife, so I guess I'm just being paranoid. I'm ready to have him in my arms so I can see that he is just fine.
 
Sleep: It's been good. I'm sleeping diagonally in a queen-sized bed. I've mastered sleeping with a body pillow supporting me in all the right places. I wake up a couple times at night either because I have to use the bathroom or because I'm starving.

Best moment this week: I spent the weekend with my parents, and when I returned home on Saturday night, I discovered that Travis had cleaned the entire house for me. I haven't felt so loved or pampered in quite a while.  

Miss Anything? Not really. I'm looking forward to today's nap, though.

Food cravings: Cakes and pastries and anything sweet and not good for me! I also discovered those chicken flatbread sandwiches at Wendy's, and it takes all I've got to not order a sandwich and baked potato every day for lunch.

Anything making you queasy or sick: I've got a good bit of heartburn going on, but I can deal.

Gender: Boy!

Labor Signs: This week, I've felt some good contractions, but they're off and on and not consistent. Nothing to get my hopes up or anything.

Belly Button in or out? One side of it is poking out. I think it will stay an innie, though.

Wedding rings on or off? Wedding band is way too tight, so it's off. Engagement ring is holding out though.

Mood: Tired.

Looking forward to: Meeting this baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Yes, please!