Monday, May 13, 2013

Menu Planning Monday, v.17


Monday, again.

Still pregnant with a baby who seems to want to make his appearance but just can't figure it out. Hello, lots of false labor. I'm not a fan of you.

On the bright side, I enjoyed a wonderful Mother's Day weekend over the past couple days. We took my mom and grandmother out to dinner on Saturday, and then Daddy and Cohen spoiled me yesterday. Or should I say Daddy and Thor spoiled me. With the help of his new toy, Cohen has assumed a new identity.


This kid makes me sad that I spent most of my life thinking the toddler years were something to survive instead of enjoy. He's just the coolest. We have a tradition in our house: every celebration that calls for gift giving, we take Cohen to the dollar store and let him pick out anything in the store to buy for the recipient. He loves getting to choose a present and takes his responsibility very seriously. This Mother's Day, he picked out a beeeeeautiful pink lei for me. He's come a long way: at Christmas, he picked out paper plates for his grandmother.

This week, I'm going to take it slow again meal-planning wise. I just don't have it in me anymore to go all-out on dinners, and maybe just maybe all these contractions I'm having will turn into something real and we'll find ourselves in the hospital by the end of the week.

Here's what we're eating this week:

Monday
White Castle Sliders
Pasta Salad
Chips

Tuesday
Peach French Toast (Makes 2 meals -- one gets frozen for later)
Bacon
Hash browns

Wednesday
Zesty Italian Crock Pot Chicken
Green beans (Cohen's favorite veggie)
Garlic Bread

Thursday
Pizza Night -- Let's order in and enjoy a movie!
This didn't happen last week, and this girl really wants her pizza!

Friday
Kitchen's Closed! Date Night.

Saturday
Kitchen's closed

Sunday
Kitchen's Closed


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Yes, please!