Friday, May 10, 2013

Things I've Loved About Being a Mom This Year

With Mother's Day just around the corner and a new baby who is alllllllmost ready to join us, I've been doing a lot of thinking lately about being a mom. About what a sacrifice and huge responsibility it is to be someone's mother, but how that job has been the best thing that's ever happened to me. It still amazes me how someone so small could change the very essence of who I am, what I value, and what I now desire in life.

Being a mom is hard work. The fears, anxieties, worries, sleepless nights, self-doubting can really take it out of me. But being Cohen's mom? Not hard at all. That little boy is such a gift, and every day I wake up to his singing and shouts of "Good Morning!" is nothing short of a blessing. He makes it all worthwhile.

It's been a good year of being a mom. Here are some of the things I've loved most about it this year:







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Yes, please!