Tuesday, February 21, 2012

To Be a Mom


I mentioned yesterday that the boy spent the weekend with his grandparents. And I couldn't honestly tell you who enjoyed the time the most: the baby was doted on and spoiled 24/7. The grandparents had an entire glorious weekend with the baby, all to themselves. The daddy has his wife's full attention for the first time in over a year. And the momma? Well, she got to be sick in peace, which meant spending most of her Monday in bed (good news -- I think the cold is finally subsiding). I think it's safe to say it was a win-win situation for everyone invovled (and dada may or may not be already planning the next "grandparent weekend").

But the sweetest part of the weekend was the boy's homecoming. Once he realized that he was in his own front yard looking at his mama smiling and waving to him ... I don't even think I can describe that moment. It included him pointing to me, getting teary eyed, and falling into my arms, promptly resting his head on my shoulder, exactly where it was supposed to be.

It was one of those monumental moments, yet it was so tiny. I doubt anyone else who was there even remembers those few seconds, but it will forever be cemented in my heart. I am that boy's mama, and nothing and no one can take my place. Oh, what a precious blessing it is to be a mom!


*** Take a moment to head over to Baby Making and check out Becky's fun giveaway. I've already got some ideas for shirts in my head :) ***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Yes, please!