Thursday, June 21, 2012

Pinch Myself

Sometimes, right in the middle of life, I have to take a minute to remind myself that this is really happening.

That happy and sweet kid really is mine. I really am playing with him on Tuesday (and every other day) afternoon instead of sitting at work thinking about him. I really do have a great support system of friends who I can talk about anything with. Who I can trust. Who love my kid. 

In the last couple of years, those have been specific things I've prayed for. I prayed for them at times I felt at my lowest, when it didn't seem like those things would be possible for me. But God heard; He always does. And He blessed me at just the right time and in just the right way.

And I have to smile as I sit here typing because I am thinking of another prayer request I have sent up frequently over the past few months. See, again, there's something that feels impossible right now, and that kind of breaks my heart. But just writing today reminds me that God hears me. He knows what I long for, and He knows what I need. 

And He's never let me down.
___________________

Cohen and I spent our Wednesday afternoon playing in some fountains with our friends. We had so much fun, and I was surprised to find myself smack in the middle of those fountains with the babies. I love how being with those babies brings out the kid in me, too.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Yes, please!