Wednesday, April 17, 2013

34 Week Bumpdate


How far along? 34 weeks, 5 days. That's like, really close, y'all. I experience moments of complete freak outs followed by OMG what am I going to do with another baby?! followed by lots of excitement.

How big is baby? My What to Expect app says he's the size of a large cantaloupe and weighs about 5.5 pounds. He's definitely filling up his space in there. He's dropped and sits low now, and he likes to put a ton of pressure on my pelvic floor: to the point where I find myself squeezing my legs together and bracing myself for my water to break. Really fun when it happens in the Walmart checkout line.

Movement: Lots and lots of squirming and stretching. The other night, I was in bed, and I could feel where his head was, the outline of his back pressed against my left side, his little butt poking up at the top of my belly, and a single little bump on my lower right side that I can only imagine was his little foot sticking out. These movements are fun, but they are forceful and always take me by surprise. No baby has ripped through a momma's belly before, right? Right?!

Sleep: It just doesn't happen most nights. I take that back: the nights I kick Travis out of bed and have the whole bed to myself, I am able to stretch out and get pretty good sleep (minus the waking up to go to the bathroom 5 times a night). The nights when Travis sleeps in bed with me, I am cramped and uncomfortable and  toss and turn all night.

Best moment this week: Our youth ministry threw us a surprise shower for the new baby on Sunday night. It was such an unexpected blessing, for sure. Cohen and I are also spending our days shopping for things we'll need once the baby gets here. The nursery is almost complete -- I just have to print 3 pictures, buy 3 frames, and get Daddy to hang a few things.

Miss Anything? As weird as it sounds, I am already starting to miss this time with Cohen. He gets my attention and love 100% of the time right now, and I feel really guilty that I will be turning his world upside down in a few weeks. 

Food cravings: I like all food, all the time. And lots of it, please. And if you have any cake, I'll take some of that, too.

Anything making you queasy or sick: I'm doing really well in that department recently. I have noticed an increase in heartburn, though.

Gender: Boy!

Labor Signs: A couple of real deal contractions this week!

Belly Button in or out? Half in, half out. It never poked out with Cohen, but I'm not so sure that will be the case with this one. Sometimes when he moves, he pokes my belly button all the way out. 

Wedding rings on or off? Wedding band is way too tight, so it's off. Engagement ring is holding out though.

Mood: Anxious, moody, tired, can't sit still

Looking forward to: Meeting this little guy.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Yes, please!