Monday, April 29, 2013

Menu Planning Monday, v. 15


It's Monday! 

I'm 36 weeks and 3 days pregnant! Just a few more weeks to go!

All that nesting energy I've had over the past few weeks was pretty much zapped out of me this weekend, and now I'm left feeling exhausted, achy, and a bit overwhelmed at the things I need to do but just don't want to do.

Like laundry.
And cleaning.
And showering.

Cohen is in the beginning stages of getting those last molars in (devils, I tell you). It's not so bad yet -- probably because the teeth haven't even broken through his gums yet and are still just giant lumps in his mouth -- but the congestion that comes with the teeth is enough to drive me mad. Friday and Saturday nights, he was up all night coughing. Which meant Mommy was up all night. Saturday just before midnight, I gave him a nighttime cough medicine hoping that would help him. At 3 AM, he was still bouncing off the walls. So no, the nighttime formula is not allowed in this house anymore.

Saturday night, I also decided to do some encourage-baby-to-get-in-good-birthing-position squats. You know, because I'm crazy. So there I am, sitting in the deepest squat I've ever been in, bracing myself to sit like that for the next 10 minutes, thinking "Well, this isn't so bad." And, I kid you not, within the first 30 seconds of squatting, I feel the baby drop, creating the most intense pressure in my pelvis. It was, like, 10 centimeters! Push! Push! Push! pressure. I jumped out of that squat with more dexterity than I've had in the past 9 months and hid in bed, eyes wide and repeating "I'm not ready! I'm not ready!"

Thankfully, baby wasn't ready, either. But I do believe he was downright angry with me for the rest of the night. 

So, needless to say, I won't be doing squats for at least a few more weeks. I'll stick to cooking, instead.

Here's what we're eating this week:

Monday
Leftover Cheeseburger Pie from family dinner on Friday night
Tator Tots (keeping it classy!)
whatever veggie I can find in the pantry or freezer
(Not making it to the grocery store today!)

Tuesday
Crock Pot Pork Roast with Veggies
Roasted Potatoes
Crusty bread

Wednesday
Cheddar, Spinach, Chicken burgers (I'm adding bacon because, why not?)
Sweet Potato Fries

Thursday
Salad
Crusty Bread

Friday
Kitchen's Closed! Date Night.

Saturday
Kitchen's closed

Sunday
Leftovers after church

I will also be trying my hand at a freezer-friendly breakfast recipe: Peach French Toast

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Yes, please!