Monday, April 22, 2013

Menu Planning Monday, v. 14


Monday, again. 

To be honest, I'm really glad last week is over and behind us: there was just too much sadness happening, and I glad to have a week to separate myself from it.

I'm also glad to have another week to prepare myself for this baby. I'm pretty sure this intense need to be prepared is all nesting, but I'm not hating it. And I'm glad that my nesting tendencies with Cohen are really productive. Last pregnancy, I just washed the same baby clothes over and over again. This time around, I'm getting the house in order, getting supplies in order, sewing up lots of baby essentials, and stocking my freezer. It could be worse, this nesting.

After last week, I now have 13 meals put away in the freezer. I've been pleasantly surprised my the dinners I've been making -- most of them are new recipes, and you know how hit-or-miss a new recipe can be. Out of all the dinners I have made, I've only been disappointed with one: the Crock Pot Sweet and Sour Chicken. It's name is deceiving as it tastes nothing like sweet and sour chicken, but I kind of figured it wouldn't based on the ingredients: cranberries, Catalina dressing, and onion soup mix. The sauce was way too salty and onion-y. The chicken was pretty good without all the sauce on it, though. I have one of these bad boys in the freezer, and I'm trying to think of ways to doctor it up. Everything else has been really, really good.

Here's what we're eating this week:


Monday
Mashed Potatoes
Green Beans
Rolls

Tuesday
Gratin Potatoes
Sweet Peas

Wednesday

Thursday
Carrots
Rice Pilaf

Friday
Kitchen's closed -- Date night!

Saturday
Kitchen's closed

Sunday
Leftovers after church

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Yes, please!