Monday, April 15, 2013

Menu Planning Monday, v. 13


Happy middle of April! I'm not going to lie -- just knowing that we're halfway through the month already freaks me out a bit -- where is the time going?

Last night after church, our youth ministry had our monthly family potluck, only this time, those sweet people threw our family a surprise baby shower for Baby Brother. I was so surprised and honored and just felt so loved. I love the families we serve through the youth ministry. They are truly special people.


I'm a little over 34 weeks pregnant today, with a little more than 5 (or 6, if we wait until induction) weeks to go. Gulp. I've got 5 meals in the freezer and a plan to put many more in there in the coming weeks. I'm not very concerned about the meals after this past week -- I think it will be pretty easy to store away some dinners gradually. I am, however, a bit concerned that I'm going to go digging through the freezer a few weeks after the baby comes and only find pasta dishes in there. Why is it that pasta casserole-type dishes seem the most appetizing and freezer friendly? So needless to say, I'm on a little hunt to find other types of freezer meals. 

Here's what we're eating this week:



Monday

Chicken Parm over noodles
Sauteed squash and zucchini
Rolls
(this is from last week's plan -- we didn't get to it)

Tuesday
Wednesday
BBQ Chicken calzones

Thursday
Sweet and Sour Chicken
White rice
Eggrolls

Friday
Kitchen's closed -- Date night!

Saturday
Kitchen's closed

Sunday
Leftovers after church

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Yes, please!