Wednesday, April 24, 2013

35 Week Bumpdate




How far along? 35 weeks, 5 days. Today is exactly one (1!!!) month away from my due date. So tomorrow, I can say Baby should be here in less than a month (although I'm not holding my breath on that one -- I'm expecting him to run a bit late).

How big is baby? My What to Expect app says he's still the size of a large cantaloupe and weighs about 6 pounds. At my midwife appointment yesterday, we did a quick ultrasound to make sure he is head down, and when she moved the wand to the top of my belly, it looked like there were 4 snakes in there -- arms and legs all wrapped up in each other. 

Movement: Lots of squirming and forceful kicks that you can see start at the top of my belly and move out to my side. He moves so much at night that he causes me to have lots and lots of Braxton Hicks contractions. There's a lot of pressure down there, too -- thanks to that big ol' head.

Sleep: I have officially claimed the bed for myself, and I am sleeping so much better. I wake up sleeping diagonally in the bed with no blankets and lots of pillows supporting the belly and my back. Also, now that I am able to get comfortable and sleep better, I'm not waking up for bathroom breaks so much in the middle of the night.

Best moment this week: At yesterday's appointment, my midwife talked to me about what to do if my water breaks or if labor starts. I sat there, nodding my head and thinking Wow, we're talking about labor. We're talking about the delivery. This is really happening.

Miss Anything? Not really. I've got tons of energy, I'm feeling really good, and I'm enjoying this time with my only child while it lasts. The weather has warmed up and it's beautiful outside -- life is good.

Food cravings: Sweets! Fruit! Smoothies and milkshakes and frozen drinks!

Anything making you queasy or sick: Not really. I get heartburn sometimes, but I have a big ol' bottle of Tums that comes to the rescue, so I can't really complain.

Gender: Boy!

Labor Signs: Some contractions, a dropped belly, an increase of energy (and a few other not so pleasant signs I won't talk about). We're in the home stretch! 

Belly Button in or out? More in than out, and I think it will stay that way. If anything, it may become a flat belly button by the end.

Wedding rings on or off? Wedding band is way too tight, so it's off. Engagement ring is holding out though.

Mood: Feeling good!

Looking forward to: a good pedicure, at some point feeling like I am completely prepared for this little guy, shopping for Cohen's big brother gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Yes, please!