Monday, August 8, 2011

Milestones



In the past nine months, that word has become an integral part of my vocabulary. Milestones. The big events in life worth focusing on. Milestones change the course of events. I think a lot about my son's milestones: smiling, sleeping through the night, laughing, sitting, crawling, cruising, clapping, teeth, solid foods. There's a lot of 'em, and they're all super important -- to me, at least.

Today marks a milestone not for my son, but for me. Today, as thousands of children scurry off and load yellow busses and begin their first day of school, I will not be there to greet them as their teacher (as I have for the past 3 years). God has blessed me with the opportunity to take this time to devote to my family: supporting my husband, raising my 8 month old son, and following the Lord wherever He leads.

I am excited about this new venture. It changes everything for me.

3 comments:

  1. FUN! way to go stay at home mom! So excited for you. So I take it you used my same lady for design? If so, even more fun. Love your opening picture. Excited to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I am so blessed and humbled to be given this opportunity to stay home -- excited to see what happens! I told you I was your newest stalker! I love your blog, and you are such an encouragement to me. I take what you say to heart, and when you offer tips, I take it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is aweosme that you can be a stay at home mom! I have loved it the past 4 years!

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Yes, please!