Friday, August 19, 2011

{P}interesting things I need to try

Back in April, I bought my first sewing machine, and ever since then, I've been a crafting fool. I spend many nap times behind the sewing maching -- some of my creations turn out really well. And some, well, they flop. But I'm learning and having fun, and every once in a while even a blind squirrel finds a nut. And this blind squirrel has made a couple of really cute things.

One of my boards on Pinterest is dedicated to things I want to try my hand at making. I'm thinking if I make it public, I'll feel more pressured to try them out. Here are top 5 projects on my to-do list:

1. Vest and Tie onsie, from rocknrags Etsy shop


I have mastered the tie onsie, and I figure adding the vest wouldn't be too difficult. I plan on thrifting a pair of men's dress pants to make the vest and a matching pair of baby dress pants. Can you say super cute church outfit?

2. T-shirt hat from I am momma, hear me roar


I attempted a cotton hat over the summer, but I got frusterated with it and gave up (it's still sitting on my kitchen table taunting me). Maybe with better directions and a better material, I could do better. Next time I go to the thrift store, I'll be on the lookout for a cool shirt to cut up.

3. The "Not Ugly Car Trash Bag" from Pink Chalk Studio



Ok, I NEED this. That's motivation enough.

4. Turkey Shirt from The Cottage Home

Ok, I know this shirt is very girly, but I'm thinking with the right scraps, I can man it up a little for my little guy. Besides, he'll only be a year old at Thanksgiving ... I could put him in sissy clothes and he wouldn't know the difference. Muhahaha.

5. The 90 minute shirt from Dana Made It

First off, Dana is a sewing beast (did I just say beast?!). I love all her sewing tutorials and totally appreciate her BOY series. I mean, do you even know how hard it is to find tutorials for cute boy things? Trust me, it's hard. I've been eyeing the 90 minute shirt for a few months now for multiple reasons: 1. I can use a thrifted shirt, so it'll only cost me $1. 2. Uhm, it's called the 90 minute shirt. That's a complete craft in 1 nap. I like to be a good steward of naptime freedom. And C. Imagine the possibilities! Color combos, appliques, stenciling. Ohhh, this could be bad for my naptime sewing time...


Linking up with paw prints and pastry bags for pinnable me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Yes, please!