Linking up with Undeserving Grace for my first ever Thankful Thursday. Let me tell you, I have really enjoyed being thankful today!
1. I'm thankful every day for the opportunity to be able to stay home with my little guy. It is taking a lot of sacrifice on the part of my husband, but he never utters a complaint.
2. I am thankful for air conditioning. The heat here is relentless and seems to be getting stronger and stronger each day. I love my cold air.
3. I am thankful for my husband. He is the hardest working person I know. On top of that, he is an invisible worker. He does so much and gets credit for maybe 5% of it -- he actually deflects a lot of that glory onto other people. I love him for that.
4. I am thankful for the warranty on my Cannon Rebel EOS. A few weeks ago, Captian Destructo went coffee table surfing and knocked the camera to the floor. It broke the autofocus function on the lens. Thankfully, we will be able to send the lens in to be repaired.
5. I am thankful for God's provision. Every SAHM I talk to says, financially, it looks impossible to survive on one income, but they get by every month. We are seeing this in our own lives. God is holding us right now and providing for us. We're getting surprise checks in the mail and finding large sums of money we didn't know we had. That's not a coincidence.
6. I am thankful for my ministry. My husband is the youth director at our church, and that takes up a significant chunk of our lives. I love it. I love the kids. I love the opportunities we have to serve and spread the Gospel. I can't wait to share what we're doing this weekend.
7. I am thankful for Gerber Lil Crunchies. Especially the cinnamon maple ones. Cohen loves them. I've tasted them -- they're awesome. The garden tomato variety are pretty great, too.
8. I am thankful for the blogging community. I'm a brand new contributor, but I've been a blog reader for years. The rate at which you can get information out is astounding. Thankful for bloggers like Megan who are real and honest and incredibly wonderful.
9. I am so very thankful that my son is healthy. I read about so many babies and children who aren't doing so well, and it makes me so thankful for every day I have with Cohen. A week ago, the Stanley family found out their newborn son had a severe heart defect. He's already undergone open heart surgery, but he's not in the clear yet. Please stop by their blog and let them know you're praying for them. I know they'd appreciate it.
10. Cohen turned 9 months old yesterday. He is so smart and incredibly sweet. He is my lovebug, the best snuggler, so happy, the cutest laugher. I could go on. I adore this child. I thank God every minute of the day for him.