Thursday, August 25, 2011

Thankful Thursday 3

There's a song our kids leared at Vacation Bible School this year. It goes like this: "We've got so much, so much, so much, so much, so much, so much, so much, so much, so much, so much, so much, so much to be thankful for!" That could be the theme song to my life right now!

Here are the top 10 things I'm thankful for this week:

1. 27 years ago. On this day 27 years ago, my mom brought me into this world. Yup, it's my birthday!

2. Birthday parties. We threw one large birthday party for all the kids in the youth group last night. It was so much fun to hang out and eat junk food, and the best part is that everyone got a present! Presents are always good.


3. Selfless deeds. I was the recipient of a very selfless deed this week. It has made my steps a little spring-ier and my smile a little brighter.

4. Husbands. Well, mine in particular. He is the best person in my life. And he makes me laugh :)


5. No traffic. We used to live in Atlanta and battled the traffic every day. A few years ago, we moved away from all that traffic and never looked back. Well, this morning, I drove into Atlanta an hour after rush hour and it still took me almost 2 hours to drive 20 miles. Ugh.

6. Shiny nails. A birthday present today: this kit. It makes your nails look like you're wearing a glossy polish. Best part? Unlike every single manicure I've ever gotten, it doesn't chip off an hour later.


7. Happy babies. Mine is the happiest and most easy going. How did I get so lucky?! We were out this morning, and he missed his morning nap and was so very sleepy. He was still so sweet and never once cried or screamed or did anything else to embarrass me. I love that kid.


8. Cooler weather. Well, in the mornings, at least. We've enjoyed the last couple mornings with temperatures in the 70s. Makes me want fall to get here NOW.

9. These people (one's missing). They are the people who help us lead the student ministry. We make a great team, and my husband and I are so thankful for them.


10.  July 12, 1998. Today is my birthday, but July 12, 1998 is my better birthday. That was the day I became a Christian and received eternal life.

Here's what the Bible says about this better birthday:
  • "In reply Jesus declared, 'I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again.'" (John 3:3, NIV)
  • "Jesus answered, 'I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit. Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.'" (John 3:5-6, NIV)
  •  "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" (2 Corinthians 5:17, NIV)
  • "In his great mercy he (God the Father) has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade—kept in heaven for you ..." (1 Peter 1:3-4, NIV)

Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
1 Thessalonians 5:18

What are you thankful for this week? You can post in the comment section below if you don't have a blog to post to!

1 comment:

  1. i'm 27 too! great age ; )

    your hubby is a cutie

    thanks for linking up!

    keep writing!

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Yes, please!