Wednesday, March 6, 2013

28 Week Bumpdate


How far along? 28 weeks, 5 days. I am very aware right now that I have very little time to prepare for this little guy, but I still am not doing much to get ready. I think that will probably change in the next few weeks, though. Fingers crossed.  

How big is baby? Giant. Well, at least he feels like a giant. According to my What to Expect app, he's about the size of a small cabbage -- 17 inches and 2.9 pounds.

Movement: Lots and lots. He's pretty active when Cohen is right up at my belly (Cohen likes to give the baby kisses and yell at him), and he's even more active when I'm laying down and everything is peaceful and quiet. I had my glucose tolerance test yesterday, and he went wild over all that sugar.

Sleep: Good sleep -- I am currently sleeping in bed by myself, and it makes a huge difference. Restless legs are still an issue.

Best moment this week: I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and an extra ultrasound to check on baby's kidneys (at the 20 ultrasound, there was a bit of an abnormality with them). Everything is normal, and my midwife is no longer concerned. That's a huge relief. Plus, I got this picture of my perfect little guy.



Miss Anything? Not really -- looking forward to May!

Food cravings: Anything with sugar in it. 

Anything making you queasy or sick: I think this pregnancy just gives me a continuous churning feeling in my stomach. Nothing I can't power through, though.

Gender: Boy!

Labor Signs: The beginnings of nesting and lots of Braxton Hicks.

Belly Button in or out? In. Getting shallower and shallower.

Wedding rings on or off? Wedding band is way too tight, so it's off. Engagement ring is holding out though.

Mood: Exhausted.

Looking forward to: We're going shopping for baby's new furniture on Saturday. I've finalized decisions for the nursery -- now I just have to buy the stuff and get working!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Yes, please!