Monday, March 11, 2013

Menu Planning Monday, v.8

We survived the "Where's Daddy?" week! (answer: he was in Chicago)

Man, I am so glad to have that week behind us, for a couple of reasons: 1. life is easier when I don't have to live it as a single parent and 2. the week of Cohen-favorite foods? Totally junky. I feel a little kitchen-lazy right now.

So you won't mind if I dip my toes back into the whole dinner thing, will you? This week's plan screams comfort food. I'm in the mood for some good hot sandwiches, and if it were up to me, that's all we'd eat all week. We'd have a happy momma, but I know two guys who wouldn't be so thrilled. 

So I'll compromise. And be smart with my money while I'm at it.

Leftovers, my friend. Leftovers are where it's at. I'll make a big crock pot full of bbq chicken to use for two meals, and I also plan to buy one of those bags of bakery buns (you know, the crazy expensive but completely delicious buns that come 6-8 to the bag and are practically impossible for a family of 2.5 to eat before they begin to mold? Yup, those). I love those buns, and we'll be eating them a lot this week.  


Monday
Crock Pot BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
Roasted Potatoes

Tuesday
Salad
Breadsticks

Wednesday
Sweet Potato Fries

Thursday
BBQ Chicken Pizza (using the leftover shredded bbq chicken)
Salads

Friday
Date Night

Saturday
Kitchen's closed

Sunday
Leftovers after church

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Yes, please!