Wednesday, March 20, 2013

30 Week Bumpdate



How far along? 30 weeks, 5 days. I'm getting pretty close to the end of this pregnancy, and I'm still not emotionally ready for that. I'm hoping that will come. But physically? I'm getting tired. My belly is giant and heavy, and I'm finding it harder and harder to stand and walk and do normal things. Wah.

How big is baby? According to my What To Expect app, he's 18 inches long and weighs 3.2 pounds -- about the size of a head of lettuce. All I know is he's big enough to be running out of room in there, and his new movements are proving that.

Movement: Not many kicks anymore, really. They have been replaced with what I believe to be elbows and shoulders wiggling and stretching. He is head-down, and he likes to stick his little bottom out for me to rub. If he sticks his bottom out and I rub it, he'll usually stick it out even more when I stop. But if I poke at him? That little backside will move side to side, trying to get away. I'm having some fun with him :)

Sleep: Sleep is starting to become a sore point for me. It's hard to get comfortable and stay comfortable. I wake up every few hours trying to change positions, but if I move, so does the little dude, and it takes awhile for him to settle down for me to go back to sleep. I wake up at least once a night to go to the bathroom, too. So needless to say, I wake up exhausted in the mornings.

Best moment this week: Lots of really great things are happening! Perhaps the best news this week came in the form of a letter from my midwife -- I do not have gestational diabetes (I had pretty much convinced myself I had it due to the weird symptoms I've been experiencing), but I am anemic. Back at my first appointment, my midwife said I might become anemic because those awesome prenatal gummies that didn't make me sick? They didn't make me sick because they don't have any iron in them. Duh. So I'm on a new prenatal and am focusing on an iron-rich diet (way better than a diabetic-friendly diet, if you ask me). 
We also ordered the baby's crib and dresser last week. The dresser is safe at home and full of baby clothes and looks beautiful, and we are expecting the crib to arrive soon. Travis painted the baby's room over the weekend, and I just ordered the fabric for his bedding. It's all coming together.

Miss Anything? I had to stop singing in my church choir due to what I now know are symptoms of anemia --feeling dizzy and passing out. I miss being in the choir and am looking forward to joining them again once the baby gets here.

Food cravings: I like all food, and lots of it, please. 

Anything making you queasy or sick: I think this pregnancy just gives me a continuous churning feeling in my stomach. Nothing I can't power through, though.

Gender: Boy!

Labor Signs: None. And as far as I'm concerned, they can stay away for a while.

Belly Button in or out? Half in, half out. It never poked out with Cohen, but I'm not so sure that will be the case with this one. Sometimes when he moves, he pokes my belly button all the way out. 

Wedding rings on or off? Wedding band is way too tight, so it's off. Engagement ring is holding out though.

Mood: Tired, anxious, excited, a little sad that Cohen won't get all this one-on-one attention all day long that he's used to.

Looking forward to: Feeling a little better now that I am getting more iron. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Yes, please!