Tuesday, March 26, 2013

31 Week Bumpdate


How far along? 31 weeks, 4 days. At today's midwife appointment, I was informed that I will now have the every-2-week appointments. I was also told that I should pre-register at the hospital because, she had to remind me, I'm almost at the end of this thing. Slow down, time! I don't move that fast anymore.

How big is baby? He's big enough to actually hurt me when he gets forceful in there. I don't ever remember Cohen hurting me. But with this kid, I swear I've got some internal bruising. According to my What to Expect App, he's about 3.9 pounds and 19 inches long-- about the size of a head of lettuce. Crazy. Cohen was 19 inches long when he was born.

Movement: He's a mover and a shaker, that's for sure. We don't get many kicks anymore, but I think that's just because he's run out of room. Lots of nudges and shifting and rolling from one side of the other. When Cohen and I snuggle, the poor boy gets beat up by this baby. Already doesn't want to share Mommy?

Sleep: I'm starting to just accept that sleep is not going to happen for me again for a loooong while. Well, good sleep, that is. Between Cohen waking up for one thing or another (WHY WON'T MY KID SLEEP ANYMORE?!), nightly restroom breaks, restless legs, an aching back, and a baby who never can seem to get comfortable, nighttime leaves me pretty frustrated.

Best moment this week: Baby's room is painted! Crib and dresser are all set up! Carpets have been cleaned! Bedding is in the process of being made! Awesome report from the midwife today! Yay.

Miss Anything? I'm getting to that point in pregnancy where my body just plain hurts all the time. So yeah, I miss not feeling like that.

Food cravings: I like all food, all the time. And lots of it, please. 

Anything making you queasy or sick: I think this pregnancy just gives me a continuous churning feeling in my stomach. Nothing I can't power through, though.

Gender: Boy!

Labor Signs: None. And as far as I'm concerned, they can stay away for a while.

Belly Button in or out? Half in, half out. It never poked out with Cohen, but I'm not so sure that will be the case with this one. Sometimes when he moves, he pokes my belly button all the way out. 

Wedding rings on or off? Wedding band is way too tight, so it's off. Engagement ring is holding out though.

Mood: Tired, anxious, excited, a little sad that Cohen won't get all this one-on-one attention all day long that he's used to.

Looking forward to: Getting the nursery finished. Seeing Cohen holding his baby brother.



I wear a lot of stripes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Yes, please!