Sunday, March 3, 2013

The Most Heartwarming Story. Ever.

I don't think it's any surprise to anyone that I think my kid is the most adorable and coolest kid on the planet. If you ask me, I don't think you can get much better than him.

I think that's what makes this story so awesome.

Lately, I've been having major hot flashes and waves of feeling very light-headed. It happened this morning during Sunday School, and instead of suffering through an hour pretending I was fine, I decided to leave class and sit by the exit door of the church-- where it was much cooler.

It just so happens that I was sitting very close to Cohen's toddler Sunday School class, and I could overhear what was going on in that class. So I eavesdropped. Don't try to tell me you're not curious about what a 2 year old Sunday School class sounds like. I know I'm not the only one.

And what I heard come from that room? Made me so proud to be a part of my church and have my son in that class. His teachers were telling the children a Bible story. In between interjections of, "Cohen, come sit down." And "Ok, Cohen, come join us," (why was my kid the only one running around? lol) they shared the story of the lame man whose friends lowered him through the ceiling so he could be healed by Jesus.

Fast forward a few hours. We were all in the car, and I decided to quiz Cohen on some things I have never talked with him about, but I knew he was hearing in church.

Cohen, what is the Bible?
It's God's word, Mommy!!!

Cohen, who is Jesus?
Jesus is God's Son. He was a baby. He pooped. Everybody poops!

Where does Jesus live?
He lives right here, Mommy ! (Pointed to his heart).

Did you hear a story about a sick man today, Cohen?
Ummmmmm... Yea! He was sad. Jabber jabber jabber friends jabber jabber Jesus. He's happy now!

And that, my friends, is what came out of my 2 year old's mouth. I am so humbled and blessed tonight.

Thanks to all the preschool teachers who take their jobs seriously. I know it probably seems like those kids are just running around, and you're wasting your time trying to teach them. But today? It stuck. And I couldn't be more happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Yes, please!