Sunday, July 8, 2012

Our Week According to iPhone (v.2)

Monday Cohen asked for some self portraits (pointing to the camera, and saying, "Cheese?"), so I obliged. Then we packed up our cars for morning of errand running. We stopped by Hobby Lobby to get some fabric, and Cohen picked out his favorite pattern. After some more running around town, we experienced the most gigantic meltdown in the history of ever, all because I took away his yogurt tube. During naptime, I decompressed with a new book. We enjoyed turkey burgers and sweet potato fries, and then Daddy taught Cohen how to play baseball. We finished up our night with a fudgesicle (and another meltdown when I took the stick away).

Tuesday, Cohen spent the morning arranging his stuffed animals while I watched Monday night's episode of The Bachelorette. During naptime, I made a batch of homemade laundry soap. Cohen cut his nap short because he was "teeeen-ky!" and then we had peanut butter sandwich strips. After daddy got home and we ate dinner, we headed out to Dairy Queen, then back home for some wrestling and some reading before bedtime.
Wednesday, Cohen was so excited to have Daddy home that we did some dancing. Then the boys watched TV while I made a cover for my camera strap. That afternoon, we headed out for some 4th of July partying where people fed my kids all kind of sugar. Then there was some playground playing before he ate some more sugar. We cut our night short in order to get Cohen in bed at his regular time.

Thursday, we headed to the pediatrician's office first thing. I believe that was the first time we sat in an empty waiting room. Then we sat in the exam room for an hour while Cohen tried to break everything and I got way too frustrated and impatient. We left that office with a cool band-aid that made the shot not hurt so bad. We enjoyed a sandwich and some yogurt and a little Yo Gabba Gabba before taking a blissfully long nap. I was feeling sick, so dinner was not homemade. Cohen and daddy spent the evening hanging out while I rested.

Friday, we hit up Toddler Time at the library where Cohen learned a new song and licked a window (ewwww!). Later, we made our way out to Sams for a pizza lunch and Target for some birthday present shopping. Before his nap, Cohen decided he needed to clean out his closet. I had to cut naptime short so we could head out to the post office to take care of some important passport business. Then the 3 of us found ourselves at the Cheesecake Factory for a celebratory dinner followed by, what else? Cheesecake. Cohen got a scrub-down in the bath tub, I got to practice my hairdressing skills, and then we all went to bed.

Saturday morning was a lazy one, so while Cohen and his daddy spent some quality time together, I made my first batch of homemade spaghetti sauce from garden tomatoes. Yum. During naptime, I prepared a present for Cohen's friend, and then we were off to the party where Cohen 1. popped bubbles 2. looked adorable with his friends and 3. watched someone else receive fun toys. After the party, we stopped by the craft store, and I managed to buy some thread to hem Travis's pants and 2 books about tractors. Hos does that happen? Dinner at our favorite neighborhood resturant, and we were done with the day.

linking up with Amy at A Good Life Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Yes, please!