Here's what I'm thankful for today:
1. My mom and grandma bought the boy these shoes last weekend. They're Squeaky Shoes and they are uber precious. When the boy finally realized that it was he who was making them squeak, he got a little case of the giggles. That will melt anyone's heart. As a bonus, I now know where he is at all times. Kind of like a cat with a bell collar.
2. This time a year ago, I had just left my doctor's office in a little bit of a panic. I was 38 weeks pregnant and showing signs of preeclampsia. I was over being pregnant and scared that something was going wrong. Fast forward a year, and I now have a happy, snuggly, adorable little boy.
3. I started giving out Cohen's birthday invitations this week. I cannot believe his party is so close. Where did the year go? I am so thankful this year has been a healthy and happy one. The boy was such an easy baby.
4. I discovered Aldi today. It's a little depressing to walk in there, but the savings are worth the chocolate bar I have to eat to get myself out of the funk. The $.69 Reeses candy, to be exact. For the price I would pay for 2 gallons of milk at Kroger, I got 2 gallons of milk, a box of graham crackers, and a package of dinner rolls. the boy approves of the graham crackers.
5. I am starting to see Christmas trees. Enough said.
6. This morning in Bible study, the speaker said something that really spoke to my heart. She was speaking about a fallout she had with some people who were close to her. The result was the other party saying some pretty nasty things about her. She said she wanted to retaliate, but she felt the Lord telling her to keep her mouth shut; that He was in control of the situation. I'm still not certain she wasn't talking about me. I love it when God speaks to me through others.
7. The hubby and I are currently munching on Halloween candy. I have rediscovered my love for Baby Ruth.
8. The boy takes a 3 hour nap each afternoon. I am especially appreciative of that lately as I've been taking naps at the same time. Something about this weather that makes a nice, warm bed oh-so appealing.
9. Speaking of the weather, I love it. It's the perfect sweatshirt and cuddles kind of weather. And plus, look how cute the boy looks in his cold-weather clothes. I'd venture to say that babies look cuter in the winter than they do in the summer.
10. Last night I made this chicken casserole. Oh my goodness, it can't get better. Well, I take that back, there was enough for leftovers tonight. So my $5 casserole lasted 2 nights. Score.
Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
1 Thessalonians 5:18
What are you thankful for this week? You can post in the comment section below if you don't have a blog to post to!