My patience is running on fumes, and it feels like the boy is doing everything he can to get me to just explode.
It's days like this that it feels impossible to come up with 10 things to be thankful for. But, it's days like this when I need to meditate on the good things, thank God for the blessings, and smile through the frustration.
So without further ado, here are the things I'm thankful for today:
1. I'm thankful that my job is to stay home and care for the boy. It's what I wanted so badly; what I begged God for. It's the best gift I've ever been given. It comes with its downsides, like all jobs, but it's the best job in the world, and I'm so glad it's mine.
2. I'm thankful that God has equipped me with the ability to care for my son. When things go wrong, I don't have a spirit of fear or anxiety. I have an indescribable confidence in my ability and in His ability.
3. I am thankful that my son is active, healthy, and independent. He is daring and fearless. He's stubborn and courageous.
4. I am thankful for my marriage. This Saturday will mark 6 years for us!
5. I am thankful for such gorgeous weather in the middle of December. We're talking temperatures in the 60's during the day and clear, sunny skies. It makes it difficult to get into the holiday spirit when you're sweating, but I'm thankful that I can still take my boy outside instead of being cooped up in the house.
Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
1 Thessalonians 5:18
What are you thankful for this week? You can post in the comment section below if you don't have a blog to post to!
Linking up with Candra for Thankful Thursday.