Thursday, December 29, 2011

Thankful. Just thankful.

Here's what I'm thankful for today:

1. Today is a pretty special day over here. It's dada's last day at his current job. It's the close of another chaper of our lives. I'm very excited to see what's in store for us in this new chapter because I'm telling you, I can feel God all over it!

2. This is the last Thursday of 2011, and I am glad. The last half of the year has been absolutely wonderful, but I still sometimes dwell on the first half (which was anything but wonderful). I'm thankful that every New Year brings a fresh start.

3. We are having fun with all of Cohen's new Christmas presents. My favorite gift he received is this bubble blower for the bathtub. He's not so sure of it yet, but it's making bathtime really fun for me!


3. Speaking of bathtime, look at this little sweetheart getting all clean. We changed bubble bath soaps, and the result has been a dramatic increase in the number of bubbles in the tub. Cohen loves it. He things bubbles are just the funniest thing ever. Especially when they make bubblefros on your head. But not when they get in your eyes.


4. Let me just tell you how much I love my Mommy friends. They were an answer to prayer, that's for sure. And the way we met makes me smile and shake my head and say, "God, how could I ever doubt your work in my life?" They make me laugh, they let me be real, and there's none of that jealousy/competition stuff that just seems to destroy so many female relationships. I am blessed.

5. The little guy is talking up a storm. Most of it is just baby jabber, but he does have a good grasp on a few words. Here's a video I took yesterday of him saying juice, woof woof, and cookie.


You have to listen carefully to hear him over the background noise, but it's there. It's so cool to hear him say words. I mean, I taught him that. It makes me feel pretty amazing.

6. Last week our dryer broke. I know, praise the Lord, right? That's exactly what you want to happen a few days before Christmas. But our washer and dryer set was ages old and not really doing their job well anyway. So we went out and bought a new set. A really nice set. And I love these things so much that I'm searching the house for things to wash. And my sweet husband is working hard to turn the laundry room into a real and pretty laundry room. And the best part about the whole thing? My husband is such a smart saver that even though we're pretty poor right now, we could totally afford it.

7. We're going to see my dad and grandmother tomorrow. They haven't seen Cohen since April, so I know they are going to be shocked at how much he's grown and changed in the past 8 months.

8. This weather is gorgeous. And while I do want a little snow this winter (you know, for a day of snow-playing fun and, of course, the pictures), I'm not wishing this sunshine mild temperatures away.

9. I got some new jeans last weekend. There's something about good-fitting jeans that just makes me feel pretty.

10. I'm thankful for the sense of peace and fulfillment I have right now. My mind is quiet, and it is wonderful.


Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
1 Thessalonians 5:18

What are you thankful for this week? You can post in the comment section below if you don't have a blog to post to!
Linking up with Candra for Thankful Thursday.

3 comments:

  1. You little guy is so cute... and new adventures for you await! How wonderful! Oh, I have got to get the bubble blower for my grandkids! So adorable! God Bless you in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that bubble blower is AWESOME!!!!

    i love how i can see you in the reflection of the tub drain :) awesome shot.

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Yes, please!