Thursday, December 1, 2011

Still Finding Things to be Thankful For!

Today I'm thankful for:
1. SANTA! We're going to visit him this morning, and I am so excited. I cannot wait to see what Cohen thinks of him and how he will react. Last year, Cohen was only 4 weeks old when he met Santa, and he was mesmorized. Sweetest thing.


2. Dada has been home for the past 7 days. It was nice to have him home, but it's also nice that he's back at work and we can get back to normal. We've been pretty lazy this week.

3. It is December! That means lots of family time, holiday parties, good food, pretty decorations, and Christmas music. Love it!

4. We have finished our Christmas shopping! It's so nice to be able to sit back and enjoy the holiday season without having to worry about getting in those crowds. We actually had a family date night at the mall on Tuesday night, and it was a ghost town. We got everything accomplished and didn't have to get frustrated by all the crowds.

5. I've been reading up on the dangers in some trusted baby products. The chemicals in baby soaps and wipes and shampoos and diaper creams is scary. On one hand, I know I can't protect my child from everything, but I don't know that I'm going to last long using products that I now know contain such dangerous chemicals. I'm thankful for this new information and that there are all-natural alternatives out there. We will probably start exploring those alternatives soon. You can read more about what I'm talking about here.

6. I'm thankful for the exciting opportunities this blog is creating for me. More about that soon.

7. The boy is getting one of those scary back teeth. We've been dealing with it for almost a week now. it's horrible! He's cranky and refuses to sleep. He screams throughout the night. Just not fun. On top of that, I'm afraid of using pain relievers and orajel for fear that he might overdose (I know of firsthand instances of babies overdosing from both). So we are all suffering through. But you know what? I am so thankful that I have a baby who is getting teeth! I am thankful that this isn't the way things are normally around here, and soon I'll have my happy-go-lucky baby back again. And I am thankful that we don't that many more teeth left to come in!

8. I'm thankful for fires in the fireplace and big blankets to snuggle up in.

9. I'm thankful for overwhelming feelings of hope.

10. I am thankful for ministry and the differnent ways God allows us to serve. I am always humbled when I think about just how blessed I am to be able to serve!

Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
1 Thessalonians 5:18

What are you thankful for this week? You can post in the comment section below if you don't have a blog to post to!

Linking up with Curious Georgi for Thankful Thursday.

1 comment:

  1. that picture is hilarious!

    i read up on that stuff---thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Yes, please!