Saturday, December 10, 2011

Cohen Is 13 Months Old

Dear Cohen,

Today you are 13 months old! Most days I look at you and just can't believe that you are the same little boy who spent 9 months in my belly or who snuggled next to me all day long just a year ago. You are such an amazing blessing, little boy. You are such a light in my world.


You are busy, busy, busy. There aren't many moments in the day when you are not doing something loud and destructive.You sure do have a lot of energy! I try to keep up with you, but you are already wearing me out! This month, you have started to understand that things are used for certain purposes, like the cell phone is used to talk to and the remote is used to change the pictures on the TV. You only need to see how something works one time before you start practicing on your own.

You get so proud of yourself when you do purposeful things. You know that I put your legos in the wagon, so when you put the legos in there yourself, you celebrate by clapping and saying, "Yay!" You know that doors and drawers should always be closed, so whenever you see one opened, you will promptly close it, clap, and say, "Yay!" Sometimes, when things don't work the way they should (like when you break my cell phone into 3 pieces), you will bring it to me, and say, "dah." You know that I will fix things.


Speaking of cell phones, you love to walk around with mine up next to your ear. A few days ago, the phone rang, and you picked it up and put it to your ear and began to jabber. You are so funny and smart! This month, you have also learned that when you hear the garage door opening, that means dada is home. When you hear it, you stop what you are doing, get very excited ("Dada!Dada!") and walk over the the baby gate to wait for your daddy.

You are still a really good eater. You eat a lot! You can eat 2 waffles in one sitting, or a whole sandwich, or a hot dog. You discovered peanut butter this month, and you love it. You love peanut butter and banana (or applesauce) sandwiches. You still love milk, and sometimes you get grape juice as a treat, and you love that too. You could eat your weight in graham crackers.

You are still in size 3 diapers, but I think very soon we'll move to size 4. You still wear size 12 month clothes and size 4 shoes, but you're starting to wear more 18 month clothes and your size 5 shoes. I don't know if you've gained much weight this month, but you are getting much taller. And your feet are getting bigger. Your poor toes get smushed up in your 12 month pajamas!


You are learning new words and how to use them. You've recently started telling me "night night" when you are sleepy and ready to go to bed. You say "shoes" and "socks" when you see those items, and you know to stick your foot up in the air for me to put them on you. If I ask you what a monkey says, you say "ee eee eee!" We're trying to learn what Santa says before Christmas is over. You love to hear me say "Ho ho ho," but it just doesn't seem to come out of your mouth the way you want it to. You listen to everything and imitate us all the time, even when you're in the backseat of the car and we're totally ignoring you.

You are still a people person and not afraid of anyone. You get a little shy, but you are still very personable. You met Santa and weren't scared at all. You will willingly let strangers hold you. You don't get that upset when I leave you with other people.

You love music and dancing. You have become quite the dancer this month! Any time you hear music, you stop what you're doing and sway and clap. You love to watch me dance, and you try to imitate my moves. I think you sing sometimes, too, especially in the car when the music is loud. I have already told Santa that you need a microphone for Christmas.


My favorite part of the day is when you get sleepy and climb into my lap. I love the snuggles you give. Your kisses, though very wet and sloppy, are so incredibly precious they make me cry every time. You are an amazing hugger -- especially when those hugs are unexpected. Gosh, I love you. You are the best little guy in the entire world, and I am so blessed that you are mine! As always, I love you to the moon and back, forever and ever.

Until next month,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Yes, please!