Saturday, February 2, 2013

24 Week Bumpdate


VIABILITY, Baby! This is an exciting week!



How far along? 24 weeks and 1 day.

How big is baby? Baby is about a foot long (the size of an ear of corn) and weighs close to 1.5 pounds. I read that my uterus is the size of a soccer ball, and that does not surprise me in the slightest -- this mama is feeling huge.

Movement: Lots and lots. He likes to kick and squirm when things are quiet and I'm resting. A crazy thing I've discovered about this baby is that he will be still in the mornings until my brain wakes up, then he's immediately on the go. No more lying in bed trying to go back to sleep for me. I've also been feeling some jabs and kicks on my sides, which is different for this little guy. He's usually upside down and very low.

Sleep: Sleeping well!


Best moment this week: I visited my parents this week, and my mom and sister got to feel him kick! We hit viability this week. AND momma got some new big-belly clothes!


Miss Anything? Not feeling like my back is about to break. It's bad, and I'm afraid it's only going to get worse.

Food cravings: I indulged Friday with pancakes for breakfast and waffles for dinner. Bread and butter and syrup is the best thing ever.

Anything making you queasy or sick: I am trying to pinpoint exactly what it is that is making me feel like I'm 10 weeks pregnant again. Grease? Dairy? Eggs? Something doesn't sit well with me. Also, cooking ground meat totally turns me off.

Gender: Baby boy!

Labor Signs: Nothing yet, thank goodness.

Belly Button in or out? In. It's stretching and shallowing out a bit, though.

Wedding rings on or off? Wedding band is way too tight, so it's off. Engagement ring is holding out though.

Mood: Tuesday, Cohen locked me out of the house, and in that 4 hour stretch of being stuck in the back yard, I ran the gamut of emotions. When your toddler looks at you like you're crazy, you know it's bad.

Looking forward to: Starting to work on the baby's room, furniture buying, the big consignment sale is coming up in 2 weeks-- I hope to have all of baby's summer wardrobe bought after that!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Yes, please!