Monday, February 4, 2013

Menu Planning Monday, v.3


Happy February!

Last week was a crazy one, for sure. All that crazy kind of changed up my dinner plans, so that's kind of a bummer. Tuesday, instead of white chicken enchiladas, my toddler locked me out of the house all afternoon. By the time we finally got back in the house, it was dinner time, and those enchiladas were not in the oven. So we had Sonic. Tator tots. Drool. And Thursday, I spent the night at my parents' house, so those poor chicken pockets spent another week in the freezer while I endulged in the best pizza, ever. Period.

Eh. To quote my toddler: "It happens." 

I just got home from a morning of errands which started with a sick visit to the pediatrician (hello ear infection!) and ended with a trip to the grocery store. Somewhere in the middle Cohen conned me into buying him a milkshake. The set-up was too good; when we left the doctor, Cohen said, "I need a milkshake, Mommy. It will make me feel better." Little turd. 

His exact words after taking his first sip: "Deeee-wicious!"
I think he's starting to expect a milkshake every time he gets sick. Or every time we go to the grocery store. Or every time we pass a McDonalds.

Anyway, due to multiple nights of a closed kitchen and those chicken pockets that are waiting patiently for me in the freezer, this week's grocery trip only cost me $36. I love it when that happens.

P.S. Did you know that Publix sells the generic version of Amoxicillin for exactly $0.00? I did not. Here I've been paying the CVS pharmacy a boatload of money every time my kid gets an ear infection, and Publix is giving away the stuff. Needless to say I got a little excited at the Publix pharmacy today. I may have danced a little jig. The pharmacist looked bored.

Without further ado, here's what we [probably, provided we avoid all the crazy of last week] are eating this week:

{Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cookies,           Pepperoni Pizza Bread,             Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches}

Monday
Kitchen's Closed!!!
Making love baskets at church, so daddy and son are on their own.
Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cookies to take to the event

Tuesday
leftover Creamy Chicken Pockets (I'm determined to eat them!)
rice pilaf
sauteed squash and zuchinni
dinner rolls

Wednesday
Pepperoni Pizza Bread with maranara dipping sauce
salad
parmesan pasta

Thursday
Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches
Steak fries
Carrots with Ranch dipping sauce

Friday
Kitchen's closed!
We have another function at church.

Saturday
Kitchen's closed
Church Sunday School party

Sunday
Leftover Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches after church



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Yes, please!