Thursday, February 21, 2013

27 Week Bumpdate


How far along? 27 weeks. The end of the 2nd trimester is upon us. Oh my.

How big is baby? From head to toe, baby is about 14 inches long and is weighing a little over 2 pounds. Whoa.  He's about the size of a cucumber.

Movement: Lots. And very forceful. We're getting to the point that I can "play" with the baby -- the other day, I felt a little bottom jut out of my side, and I poked it. He quickly moved to the other side, where I poked him again. I got enjoyment out of our little game; I'm no so sure he did though. 

Sleep: I sleep a good amount, but I am not feeling rested at all. I also wake up randomly throughout the night with restless legs or a growling stomach. I've never experienced restless legs before, and man, they are a trip!


Best moment this week: I think we've decided on a name for the little guy. I promised Travis, however, that nothing was official until we met our son. So don't read into anything when I say that I made a onsie with his first initial on it :)


Miss Anything? Not really -- looking forward to May!

Food cravings: Donuts sound good. So does pizza. And peanut butter. 

Anything making you queasy or sick: I think this pregnancy just gives me a continuous churning feeling in my stomach. Nothing I can't power through, though.

Gender: Boy!

Labor Signs: The beginnings of nesting and lots of Braxton Hicks.

Belly Button in or out? In. Getting shallower and shallower.

Wedding rings on or off? Wedding band is way too tight, so it's off. Engagement ring is holding out though.

Mood: Exhausted.

Looking forward to: An ultrasound at the beginning of March. It's to check on an abnormality in the baby's kidneys, but it's not really that serious. I'm just hoping to hear them say the abnormality cleared up on its own like they predicted it would.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Yes, please!