Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Treasure Hunt

I'm not even lying when I say that my two favorite days of the year are the days I get to shop at the spring and fall consignment sale.

It's better than Black Friday.

Those are the only time of the year that I buy clothes for my son(s), and I find so much nice stuff at really great prices. It's funny, I can go to a store now and see a shirt or pants on clearance for $4, and I'm like, "Ugh, I can get that so much cheaper at the consignment sale." I guess I've become a price snob.

Last August, I started working at the event, and I really enjoy it. It's a pretty big commitment for a week, but the benefits I receive make it so worth it. Last night, I had to work the seller preview, the busiest day of the sale. I was there from noon (when I got to shop) until 1:30 in the morning. The organizers treated us very well (especially me since I am 6 months pregnant), and everyone had a great attitude all night, so it wasn't that bad. But man, I am beat today.

That hasn't stopped me from sorting through my treasures though. I got some really great deals this season and only spent $167 on TWO boys' summer wardrobes. Not bad at all.

Here's what I scored for Cohen:

Thomas magnadoodle and interactive laptop computer. Total cost: $5.
2 pair of flip flops, a pair of sandals, and 2 brand new pair of shoes. Total cost: $10.
THOMAS (!!!) pajamas, along with 6 other pair. Total cost: $15
2 Children's Place polos, 2 Osh Kosh polos, a Tommy polo, and an Izod polo. Total cost: $16.
2 Children's Place polos, an Old Navy polo, a brand I don't know, and a Chaps polo. Total cost: $14.
1 Gymboree tshirt, 1 Carter's tshirt, 2 Old Navy tshirts, 1 Osh Kosh tshirt, and 4 Children's Place tshirt. Total cost: $12.50.
1 Osh Kosh shorts, 1 Old Navy shorts, 2 Children's Place shorts, 2 Gymboree shorts, 2 Cherokee shorts, 2 Circo shorts. Total cost: $23
2 Children's Place play shorts, 1 Old Navy swim trunks, 1 Osh Kosh swim trunks. Total cost: $6.50


And here's what I found for Baby Brother:

A baby carrier, 2 pair of shoes, and a Swaddle Me

NEWBORN SIZE: 2 creepers, 1 outfit, 7 onsies, and 4 sleepers

0-3 MONTHS SIZE:  3 outfits, 4 onsies, and 7 sleepers

3 MONTHS SIZE: 11 outfits and 6 sleepers

3-6 MONTHS SIZE: 3 outfits and 2 onsies.
6 MONTHS SIZE: 2 outfits


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Yes, please!