Monday, February 18, 2013

Menu Planning Monday, v.5


Happy Monday! I say that even though I can barely keep my eyes open and my body is thisclose to shutting down on me after the exhausting weekend I put it through. It's a new week, though! New opportunities to rest and rebuild my family's sense of normalcy again.

Last week revolved around the consignment sale over here. I worked 4 10+ hour days, and needless to say, after 2 years of being a stay at home mom, it was quite a shock to us all. I was pretty brave with my meal planning last week, and I feel like I did a pretty good job keeping up, but those days the kitchen was closed? Hello junk food. Ugh. What this body needs is some good, old-fashioned home-cooked meals.

Here's what we're eating this week:


Monday
Cheesy Chicken Tator Tot Casserole (Crock Pot) -- not my favorite, but I think that's because I let it cook too long in the crock pot. It was a bit dry, but the flavor was good. Husband said he liked it.
Green Beans

Tuesday
Crispy Cheddar Chicken -- very good chicken. Will go into dinner rotations.
Crock Pot Mac and Cheese -- I wasn't a huge fan of this mac and cheese. I think it was the sour cream that turned me off. Too much tang, and it was a bit curdled. Much better the next day, though. I think I will look around for a better recipe.
Broccoli
Leftover rolls

Wednesday
Homemade White Castle Sliders -- Wooo, so good. Very simple to make, and both husband and toddler loved the little burgers. I used Sara Lee rolls, and they were a bit too fluffy. Next time I'll try potato rolls.
French Fries

Thursday
leftover Crock Pot Mac and Cheese
Sweet Peas

Friday
Kitchen's closed!
Chili Supper at church
I may be making this chili recipe.

Saturday
Kitchen's closed
Day trip to Helen, GA

Sunday
Leftovers after church

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Yes, please!