Monday, October 10, 2011

Cohen is 11 months old

Dear Cohen,

Today, you turn 11 months old. It is so incredible to me that a year ago, you were still so helpless inside my belly. A year ago, we were having baby showers in honor of you, and I was so ready to meet you! You have changed my entire world these last 11 months -- and it's all been for the better. I am so thankful and blessed that each day, I know I get to be your mama all over again.



You have done a lot of growing this month! It's amazing how big you've gotten. I think the biggest change is your hair-- you're growing more of it! I didn't notice how much you've gotten until I looked back at older pictures and realized how little you had. Your hair is still almost white, and I think it's the most beautiful hair I've ever seen. And your eyes. Your eyes are the clearest blue with zigzags of white streaking through them. You are a stunning child.


You started taking steps a few months ago, but this past month, you became a confident walker. Now you'll walk almost all the time. If you trip and fall, you are quick to pick yourself back up again. You're a tough cookie -- you hardly ever cry when you get hurt.


You also began eating only table food this month. You have been so happy to say "bye bye" to mushy baby food and move on to the good stuff. You are a fantastic eater. You will eat absolutely anything I put in front of you. There are some things you don't like the taste of, but you still try it over and over again. Your favorite foods this month are hot dogs, cresent rolls, green beans, carrots, chicken, cheese, waffles, and yogurt.


 We went to the doctor for a check up a few weeks ago, and she was so impressed with you. You loved her, and the two of you spent the whole appointment flirting with each other. You weighed 22 pounds and measured 29 inches long. That puts you in the 57% for weight and the 74% for height. You fit well into size 3 diapers and size 12 Month clothes. Even though you're so tall, your legs are still pretty short, so we have to roll up your pants in order for you to not trip when you walk. You wear size 4 shoes. That is, when you keep them on your feet. You love to take off your shoes and socks and just be barefoot. 


 You can say "bye bye", "night night", "dog", "out", "mama" and "dada" clearly, although you talk nonstop in your own baby language. You wave at everyone, you try your best to blow kisses, and you can sign when you want to get out of something. You are learning the sign for "hungry", but most times you just prefer to scream when you want to eat. You like to mimic the noises that people make, and you think it's hilarious when people mimic you.


You love your dogs, and it thrills you when they come close enough so you can pet them. You are surprisingly gentle with them as you pet and pat them on the back. You like to point at them all day long. You love it when Harvey lickes the bottoms of your feet!

You are such a ticklish boy! I love to tickle your feet, ribs, and neck, because you have the cutest laugh in the world. You are so funny when you anticipate a tickle coming -- you squish up your face and hold your breath and giggle. You have also learned how to tickle daddy's feet. You get such a kick out of watching his feet jump (he's very ticklish, too).


You learned how to play Peek-A-Boo all on your own this month. You will put a blanket in front of your face and drop it real quick and smile and laugh. You could play that game for hours.


You love music. You stand at your music table all day and listen to all the different instruments play songs. Sometimes, I sing the songs to you, and you will sway and bouce and clap your hands. You like to make your own "music" and watch me dance to it. You love to watch professionals make music on TV. You are captivated by the show "Yo Gabba Gabba" because they sing all the way through it. It looks like I'm going to have to enroll you in music classes soon!

Entry into Paper Mama's "Little Details" photo challenge.


The Paper Mama
You are the joy of my life, kid. I couldn't ask for anything better. I am so thankful that God made me your mama. You make me smile and laugh all day long. You give me a reason to be more and do more. I am so proud of you and who you are becoming. I pray each day that God keeps you in His hand and protects you from all evil. I pray that He makes you into someone He can use for his glory. I love you more than you'll ever know.

Until next month, I love you to the moon and back, forever and ever.

Mama.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Yes, please!