Thursday, October 13, 2011

God's Provision and Hairy Spiders

Today I'm thankful for

1. Since I stopped working in June to stay home with Cohen, our resources have been tight. I know it's still early on in this one-income-household thing, but we haven't gone without yet. We are able to eat three meals a day (and usually a dessert -- gotta keep your priorities), clothe and diaper our child, and survive. I really treasure this time in our lives because it's teaching us how to trust. I have no doubt in my mind that God will provide everything we need.

2. One of the pictures I took a few weeks ago at the Right to Life Life Chain made it in our local paper. I won't lie, it is fun to see one of my pictures published.


3. The weather around here has been chilly and wet. It's forcing us to stay home, wear our sweats, and snuggle. I don't know if there could be anything better.

4. We've got less than a month to go until Cohen's 1st birthday. And when there's a birthday, there's got to be a party. I haven't really started preparing for the party yet, so that's really stressing me out, but I am looking forward to getting the family together to celebrate my little boy.


5. At the end of the school year, I joined a website called Teachers Pay Teachers. It's like Etsy, but for lesson plans. I put 5 of my lesson plans for sale in May, and since then, I've completely forgotten about it. When I checked my Paypal account this week, I noticed that I had a $47 credit from Teachers Pay Teachers. It seems I'd sold some lessons! Score.

6. I don't know how to explain it, and I don't want to get into specifics, but lately, I've had this feeling that something really great is right around the corner. I'm excited and can't wait to see what God's got in store for us.

7. My mother-in-law dropped off a Cohen care package last night with lots of toddler goodies. What a blessing that was for us! Cohen will be a happy camper for a while.


8. After nearly 2 years of no use (9 months due to pregnancy and 10 months due to baby weight), I am currently wearing that last pair of pre-pregnancy pants. You know the pants I'm talking about -- the ones that get shoved to the back of the closet because, even though all the other pants fit, they just don't. Well, they're fitting, all right. And they're a little too loose. Like looser than they were 2 years ago. Hallelujah.

9. Cohen has started waving and saying "Night night" as dada carries him off to bed. I don't know why that thrills us, but we just think it's the greatest thing ever.

10. My mom gave Cohen a spider glove. It's just a glove with a spider body attached to the top so that when you wear the glove, you fingers look like spider legs. Cohen loves this thing. He carries it all around the house with him, puts it in his dumptruck and gives it rides, and throws it at the dogs. He thinks it's absolutely hilarious to throw it at the dogs and watch the dogs scurry away. I love that he's got such a great sense of humor. And that such a cheap toy can keep his attention so long.


Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
1 Thessalonians 5:18

What are you thankful for this week? You can post in the comment section below if you don't have a blog to post to!

Linking up with Undeserving Grace and Curious Georgi for Thankful Thursday.

3 comments:

  1. I love kiddo care packages! Fun for them, helpful for me! :) (Stopping by from Curious Georgi)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love #6...I love that you can feel the Holy Spirit preparing you for God's soon to be blessing. We all should expect God to lead us and prepare us for the next joyful step in our lives. Thanks for the reminder. Stopped over from Thankful Thursday...

    http://eftinkblessings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate with no.2. In my case I saw myself in the lifestyle section of our local newspaper. Anyway, I saw your blog in Thankful Thursday blog hop. hope you could visit mine. http://synzmemoir.blogspot.com/ and http://frugaliciousliving.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Yes, please!