Thursday, October 20, 2011

A Thankful Heart

Today I'm thankful for:

1. Being reminded that the way I so fiercely love my son cannot even be compared to the way God so fiercely loves me.

2. Driving home from Bible study this morning and having my breath taken away when I noticed the beauty around me. The Lord is an artist, for sure.


3. Knowing there are people out there who, without agenda, really do care about me and my family.

4. Being able to celebrate a new baby with sweet friends -- people I've missed more than I realized. Also, even in our state of  "We're poor now," I was able to give the new mom a present. That was such a blessing for me and a reminder that the Lord always provides for my needs.


5. Peace. Total, sold-out belief that my God is in control. I don't have to worry. I don't have to carry the burden. It's not up to me, after all.

6. Receiving a $25 gift card to Outback Steakhouse from a sweet family "Just because we're thankful for you." What a blessing! How loved we feel today!

7. Candra shared a victory today. A family who had been waiting years to adopt finaly met their sweet girl. I know some families who are currently in the adoption process, and this just makes me pray full-force for them. I am so excited about the days when they will get to hold their new children.


8. Waking up every morning to jabbering on the other side of the wall.

9. Help paying for my groceries that come from unexpected places. I am humbled.

10. I wrote last week that I felt like something wonderful was around the corner. I believe we are in the thick of it right now (or perhaps only just dipping our toes in? God is awesome like that). I am amazed as I sit back and watch the Lord unfold His plan. It is absolutely not what I had told Him the best way would be. It makes no sense. It is perfect.



Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
1 Thessalonians 5:18

What are you thankful for this week? You can post in the comment section below if you don't have a blog to post to!

Linking up with Curious Georgi for Thankful Thursday.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry I'm just now coming around--- husband was out of town for 9 days in a row---woah, i'm just recovering.

    Thanks for sharing that! SOOO sweet isn't it? Love the video.

    I really loved that you stopped to see what an artist God is.

    love that bib! did you do that?

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Yes, please!