Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Glorious Fall

Please give me a few seconds to brag: my entry in Paper Mama's Friend photo challenge won 5th place!

I am quite honored because, first of all, there were 37 entries (and they were all beautiful). Not to mention, many of the entries were submitted by photographers. Now, I am the first to admit that I am not a photographer. I'm just a mom with a camera. Who happens to have the cutest subject around :).
So here's my trophy:
The Paper Mama

Beautiful, isn't it? I want to polish it up all pretty and set it on my mantle for all to see. But I guess for now, a spot on the sidebar will have to do.
Now, on to today's business.
This week's photo challenge is Favorite Photo From September.

This one was taken on Cohen's 10 month birthday. And coincidently, it was the first glimpse of fall we'd had around here. So needless to say, it was a beautiful day.
Since then, we've had some more glorious fall days, but this day (and this picture) will probably be my favorite of the season. I love that boy's curiosity and sense of adventure.

The Paper Mama

And since we're on the subject of Fall, have you seen this Fall Bucket List?


If you're on Pinterest, I'm sure you have because it's all over the place. A fellow blogger, Katie, created it about a month ago, and I loved it then.

But, let's be honest, I'm not exactly the type to finish what she starts, and then I get down on myself.

And the only way to snap out of that is to consume disgusting amounts of chocolate -- which isn't all that benefical for my hips, waist, thighs, upper arms, etc. So I figured I'd bypass the extra couple pounds and just sit the bucket list out this time.

So I'm not doing the whole print off the list and frame it all pretty thing, but I am making a conscious effort to enjoy Fall and the great things it has to offer. So I've got a mental checklist going on in my head, complete with a few check marks!
  • Hayride? Check.
  • Photoshoot in a leaf pile? Check.
And we're looking forward to checking off a few more in the coming weeks.

Oh, glorious Fall.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your prize button for the 'friends' comp! The photo was gorgeous!! You've inspired me to write a Summer bucket list!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Yes, please!