Thursday, October 6, 2011

Service, playtime, and showing off

Today I am thankful for so many things! Let's see if I can squeeze them into 10 bullet points.

1. Being an active member of a church that is very much alive and uncompromising in its doctrine. So thankful for the leadership in place for their dedication to the Lord and for my church family for being so loving, generous, and encouraging.

2. My boy can say "out" , "dog", "bye bye", and "night night" and likes to sway and bounce and clap his hands when I sing. He giggles and his face lights up when he sees me after I've been away. He will walk to me and plant a big, open-mouth kiss on me. He makes my life brighter.


3. Beautiful weather that keeps me outside all afternoon.

4. New friendships that feel like they've been around for a long time. I had forgotten what real and dynamic friendship was like, but I am being reminded daily. I love the real conversations I can have with these women, that I can be myself, and that I don't worry about what they say about me when I'm not there.

5. I found 2 large slices of chocolate cake on sale for .99 total. I am forcing myself to share the other slice with my husband, but I may hide it and enjoy it tomorrow.


6. The opportunity to serve others.

7. A friend told me yesterday that an old friend aborted her baby last week. That breaks my heart, but it does serve to remind me how blessed I am to have my baby in my life. I am so thankful that Cohen was long-awaited and loved before he was even conceived. I love that learning about him brought tears of happiness and celebration. He was the start of a brand new, wonderful life -- not the loss of the life I once knew. It all brings me back to how proud we were to announce him to our family. See?


8. Cohen and I are meeting friends tomorrow for a really fun playdate. We are really excited to play all morning!

9. Time together with my husband where we can just be silly.

10. Opportunities to show off my beautiful baby. We're going to a family reunion this weekend, and we're really looking forward to haivng Cohen meet some family he's never met before.

Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
1 Thessalonians 5:18

What are you thankful for this week? You can post in the comment section below if you don't have a blog to post to!

1 comment:

Comments? Yes, please!