Thursday, October 27, 2011

Sometimes You Just Gotta Smile.

Today I'm thankful for
1. The wonderful love of God.

2. Peek-a-boo with my sweet boy. I love the squeals and giant grins that follow.


3. Bible board books from the dollar store.

4. This precious time that I can stay home and love on my son. It's been 5 months, and it has flown by. I cherish each moment.

5. Thanksgiving and Christmas are right around the corner! This is my favorite time of the year.

6. The spark of hope I see in my husband's eyes. God is working in our family. I'm trying to be patient and sit back and enjoy the ride. It's hard.

7. I've finally gotten some stuff done in anticipation for Cohen's first birthday party. I really only have 2 more weeks. Eek. I'll be relieved when that's over.

8. I made these bacon pinwheels to take to this morning's Bible study. They were gobbled up quickly. Because they're that good. I love super easy recipes that make me look like a rock star.

 Recipe:
1 can of crescent rolls
1 package cream cheese
1 bag of bacon pieces (in the salad dressing aisle).

1. Roll out the cresent dough so you have a large rectangle (just pinch the edges together).
2. In a bowl, mix cream cheese and bacon pieces. Spread mixture onto dough.
3. Roll up the dough so you have a long tube. Put it in the freezer about 10 minutes. Then cut about 1/2 inch pinwheels.
4. Place pinwheels on a greased cookie sheet. Bake in 450 degree oven for 7-10 minutes. I really just eyeball it. When I see the tops getting browned, I take them out.

Voila! So good and super easy. The recipe also works with sausage (although the bacon ones are way better!)

9. Cohen LOVES these Buddy Fruits.
They are basically just apple sauce (in different flavor varieties) in a little pouch. I get them at Publix when they go on sale (less than .60 each, y'all!) and you can get a coupon on their Facebook page. We are entering the busy, squirmy, wiggly toddler stage when all the boy wants to do is go. So my awesome eater now has no patience for sitting down and eating. But he loves these things. And want to know a trick? I wash the pouches and save them. Then I use a medicine squirter to fill them up again with baby food. So at meals when my boy won't even consider the food in front of him, I give him the pouch, and he sucks up the fruits and veggies I put in there. Clever devil, I am. (I swear, Buddy Fruits are not paying me to say this. I just love them so much.)

10. I am just in a really great place right now. At the beginning of the year, I think I dealt with some postpartum depression, and that lasted until about June. Slowly, I have been feeling better and better. Today, I am filled with hope and joy and thanksgiving. Praise the Lord for seeing me through that tough time!



Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
1 Thessalonians 5:18

What are you thankful for this week? You can post in the comment section below if you don't have a blog to post to!

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted you to know that I love your blog and your sweet little boy is so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Yes, please!