Friday, September 2, 2011

Finding the Joy Friday v.2

Friday already? Gosh, this week flew by. It amazes me how quickly my days come to an end now that I'm at home with Cohen. When I was working, each day just dragged on and Fridays never seemed to come quick enough.

It's not hard these days to find joy in things. Here are the top 5 things that have brought me joy today:

1. Being domestic. I absolutely love taking care of my home, and I like to look for the healthiest ways to do so. This summer, I became interested in making my own household cleaning products. So far, I've made my own laundry detergent, dish soap, drain cleaner, all purpose cleaner, and carpet cleaner. I'm amazed at how well they work, and it does make me feel pretty awesome knowing that I made the products that clean my home. Yeah, I'm that mom now.

2. Tickles and snuggles on the couch. My little guy was especially cuddily this morning. I jumped on the opportunity to love on him, and he let me hold him and snuggle close for almost 10 minutes. For a little mover that doesn't stay still for longer than 30 seconds at a time, that's a big deal!

3. Leftovers. Mmmmmm ... leftover biscuits and sausage from last night's breakfast for dinner. Just the smell of it heating in the oven this morning was enough to show me today is going to be a good one.

4. Surprises. Hubby left a surprise for me this morning in a place I wasn't expecting. It was fun to find it. I love that he is creative and thoughtful and willing to show me he loves me. Swoon.

5. Learning with Cohen. He's at this really fun stage where he wants to investigate and make connections. I love sitting with him and watching him learn.

Linking up with Momma St. J today
BWS tips button

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Yes, please!