1. Baby steps. Yup, the little guy is taking them! He is having so much fun learning to walk, and his confidence is skyrocketing. It's fun to watch him learn how to do things all on his own.
2. The sweet little voice in the backseat last night singing (literally singing in a high-pitched, drawn-out voice) "Maaaaaaaama. Mmmmmmaamaaaaa. Dadaaaaaaaaaaa." Seriously? Can it get any cuter? My husband and I sat in silence all the way home and just listened to his beautiful song and giggled (ok, and I may have cried a little, too).
3. Sweet friendships with really wonderful women.
4. Real, accepting, and heartfelt conversations with my husband. My new favorite time of the day now is the few moments after we put the little guy to bed, turn off the tv, and just talk. Sometimes I forget just how amazing that man is.
5. Good cooking. We're meeting up with hubby's family tonight for a breakfast for dinner. Hello? Best meal ever. It's pathetic how giddy I get over food sometimes, but we are talking about homemade biscuits and gravy here.
6. The ability to recognize, accept, and appreciate that God has a perfect plan, and that every little aspect of my life is part of it. How comforting to know that nothing surprises my Lord!
8. Labor Day weekend. In years past, I looked forward to this weekend because it was the first "day off" in the school year. Nowadays I don't get a day off (and I wouldn't have it any other way!), but my hubby does! I can't wait to spend 3.whole.days with him. Aaaaand, we're spending it at my parents. So that means a weekend of Mom's food (and really, does it get any better than Mom's food?! I don't think so), sleeping in (!!!), and free childcare (because everyone takes the little guy, and I don't really see him until we're back in the car to go home). It's a win-win weekend for everyone.
9. Football season starts tonight! We're looking forward to one game in particular this weekend. Cohen's already a fan.
10. Getting not one but two (2!!) projects inspired by Pinterest completed this week. I blogged about one here. I'll blog about the other one in the near future. Who says Pinterest is only good for sitting around on the computer all day gathering ideas you'll never do?
Not me :)
Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
1 Thessalonians 5:18
What are you thankful for this week? You can post in the comment section below if you don't have a blog to post to!