Monday, September 26, 2011

Not Me Monday (aka Recent happenings that I will shamelessly deny)

I did not wake up way too early on a Saturday morning to pack up my kid and hand him over to the grandparents for the day AND night. I did not almost break down at the thought of not being with him for 24 hours. I mean, he's 10 months old and we've been through this before, forgoodnesssake.

I did not go to our local theme park with a bunch of students from our youth group on Saturday. I did not tell the students I rode everything and then proceed to sit out over half the rides. I'm not that lame, old person. I swear.

I did not get on this roller coaster and scream so hard I lost my voice before we even got to the top of the first hill. I did not scream that I wanted off the ride. I mean, who does that?!


I did not get both a headache and a stomachache on the only roller coaster in the park that barely had a line all day. 

I was not relieved when it was time to go home. Early.

On the way home with one of the families, I did not retell the story of my husband going to his grandmother's funeral. I we did not laugh for 10 minutes straight as I attempted to recreate the noises that came out of that man as he cried at the funeral. That really isn't the funniest story in the history of our 7 year relationship.

I did not go to bed at 9PM and praise the Lord a little that I didn't have a baby to take care of that night.

I did not try to get out of bed the next morning and have my legs collapse on me. I am only 27 years old, after all.

I was not so exhausted that I don't remember anything that happened yesterday. Not one thing. Did yesterday even happen?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Yes, please!