Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Heart, a photo challenge

Paper Mama's challenge this week is to capture with my camera what is on my heart.


Over the past 10 months, one verse has been closer to my heart than any other: Proverbs 22:6. Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.

What a wonderful promise from my Lord! I am learning day by day that I cannot control what happens to my chld. I can try to protect him, I can do my best to shield him from pain and disappointment and all the evil the world throws at him, but in the end, I am powerless.

For a control freak like me, that is disturbing news. So I cling to Proverbs 22:6. Train up a child in the way he should go -- teach him the ways of the Lord -- and when he is old he will not depart from it. When he is grown and away  from my influence, the Lord's guidance and word will stay with him.

So I devote endless hours in prayer for my son and his future. I teach him songs about the Lord and his faithfulness. I read his Bible to him. And as he grows older, I will continue to teach him the ways of the Lord. And I begin to realize that is the greatest role of motherhood.

I have no power, but I serve the one who has all the power. And in the end, I know the control is in the right hands.


The Paper Mama

1 comment:

Comments? Yes, please!