Thursday, September 22, 2011

Tater tots and eggplant -- can life get any better?

Today I'm thankful for:

1. The kindness and generosity of friends. I don't deserve any of it, but God knows I need it.

2. An understanding of just how precious it is to be considered the bride of Christ. I learned about it in this morning's Bible study. Oh man, I'm so humbled. (P.S. Gerry Sisk leads our Bible study. She is an amazing teacher. Check her out for a blessing.)

3. Funny sounds that the boy is learning to make. He's started incorporating a high-pitched girly scream in the middle of his cries. And while I'm sure that will get annoying fast, right now it's entertaining. Watching him learn and change has been the best part of my SAHM life.


4. The $8 I found in the glove compartment. Combine that with a buy one get one free coupon at Sonic, and hubby and I had a nice little dinner "out" last night.
Since we've been eating at home all the time since June, our tummys have become ... intolerant ... to junk food. So we're hurting today, but we are absolutely not complaining. Because let me tell you, those tater tots were ah.maze.ing.

5. Opportunities that appear out of nowhere. And the ability to discern what's legit and what's not.

6. This illustration of grace that has humbled me and made me look inward to address what I need to change.

7. Kind words and comments from strangers.

8. This new tv season. I was thisclose to selling our tv because, honestly, what's the point in owning a tv when there's no Grey's Anatomy to watch on it? I've been slightly giddy this week with all the new television.

9. I guess Cohen became a toddler this week because boy is he toddling. He is a walking fool, and it's so much fun to be a part of. Oh, and the ability to put him down and have him hold on to my finger as we walk together is really making my back happy.


10. Eggplant. Yeah, I said it. I'm thankful for eggplant. It's delicious. I blame my pregnancy on the courage to try it out one day in the lunch line at school. I've been hooked ever since. It got so bad that the kids learned to back away when the pregnant lady approached the line.  I found a recipe on Pinterest that is similar to a recipe the school cafeteria ladies used. So good!


Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
1 Thessalonians 5:18

What are you thankful for this week? You can post in the comment section below if you don't have a blog to post to!


Linking up with Curious Georgi for Thankful Thursday.



2 comments:

  1. my youngest does a high pictch scream while he is crying too!! silly kids! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your school serves eggplant?! Crazy! I love it in moussaka!

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Yes, please!