Saturday, September 10, 2011

Cohen is 10 months old!

Dear Cohen,

You are 10 months old today! I can't believe it. Time really does fly when you're having fun! And I am having a blast being your mama.

This month was a big month for us: I feel like you really did a lot of growing up in the last few weeks. You are learning things so quickly! You are learning sign language, and have already mastered how to tell me you want to get "out". You sign "out" to me when you are in your high chair, your crib, and the stroller. Basically anywhere that you are strapped in, you want out! You love to crawl around and discover everything and will not sit still for more than a few minutes.

You have become more generous with your "bye bye" waves, and will wave at strangers walking by. They love it and will stop and talk to you, which is exactly what you love. You are not a shy little boy.

You love music, and you love it when I sing to you. You will smile and laugh and sway back and forth. It looks like you're dancing! Your favorite song is the hammer song, and we sing it at least 10 times a day. You have a toy hammer that you shake as I sing. If you don't have the hammer in your hands, you will make the motions.

If I had a hammer, I'd hammer in the mornings.
I'd hammer in the evenings. All over this land.
I'd hammer out DANGER! I'd hammer out WARNING!
And I'd hammer out the love between *the mama and the baby
All over this laaaaaaaaaaand!
*I changed the lyrics some.

You also like the "Wheels on the Bus" song and "My Lord Knows the Way Through the Wilderness." I've learned that singing to you is the only way to keep you still during a diaper change.

You learned how to climb up on the couch this month. It's really funny to watch your little body work so hard to climb. Sometimes you get frustrated, but you are so determined! Determined is a great word to describe you. Once you realize you can do something, you won't let anything get in your way -- and you won't let anyone help you, either. You are Mr. Independent.

You started taking your first real steps this month. You will walk about 5 steps before you get scared and lower yourself to the floor. But I am noticing you walking along the walls more and standing up when you play. I expect that you will be a full-on walker by the time you're 11 months old!

You are still a really good eater and will eat anything I give you. You don't like to eat baby food much anymore -- you'd much rather eat real food and pick it up and feed yourself. You like broccoli, carrots, green beans, peas, sweet potato, pasta, pears, banana, chicken, bread, yogurt, and pretty much anything else that I am eating. You started taking sips out of real cups this month, and that really makes you feel like a big boy -- you get so proud! You love to drink water and grape juice out of a cup. Your favorite snacks are Cheerios, puffs, rice cakes, and Little Crunchies.

You are still about 21 pounds, and you are really long! You wear 12 month clothing now. It's a little big, but I'm sure you'll grow into it quickly. You wear a size 4 shoe -- when you actually wear them. You like to take your shoes off the moment we put them on.

You are the joy of my life. I am so proud of the little boy that you are turning into.  You are so sweet, too smart for your own good, and more active than I can sometimes handle. I am blessed every time you call me "mama." How did I get so lucky to have you?! I love you to the moon and back, little boy.

Until next month, I love you.
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Yes, please!