Monday, September 12, 2011

Blessings

Lately, I have felt blessed.
My heart is joyous, my smile is wide, and my mind is at peace.


I don't know why I'm sharing this today. I just feel like I need to. If you are struggling today, if you are overwhelmed or burdened, I encourage you to dwell and cultivate, follow and trust. God is good and provides for all our needs.

 Who is the man who desires life, And loves many days, that he may see good? Keep your tongue from evil, And your lips from speaking deceit. Depart from evil and do good; Seek peace and pursue it. The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, And His ears are open to their cry.
 Psalms 34:12-15

My eyes are fixed on the Lord today.

I have noticed the change for a few weeks now. A peacefulness and a lightness that are not natural characteristics of mine. An appreciation that the things that happen around me aren't of much significance in the grand scheme of things.

The more I allow myself to let go of the stuff that consumes me, the closer I feel God stepping in and the easier it is to see the works of His hand. It is so obvious today that He is taking care of me.

Here are just a few of the ways the Lord is blessing me recently:

1. I was given a giant pack of diapers. And by giant, I mean a box of 228. On the day I realized I had $57 to get us through the next 2 weeks and only 2 diapers left in the diaper stacker. Now that I don't have to worry about diapers, I have enough money in my budget to take care of groceries.

God is good and provides for all of my needs.

2. I have been praying for something very specific since school let out in May. This weekend, I saw the beginnings of God's answer unfold before me. And the coolest part about the whole situation is I didn't do a thing. I just waited and prayed, and he sent people to me.

God is good and provides for all of my needs.

3. This weekend, I began to pray for something else by name. I'm seeing that unfold before me already.

God is good and provides for all my needs.
  
In July, I stumbled upon Psalm 37 during a time when I was begging God for something important to me. The answer I received was in verse 3: dwell in the land and cultivate faithfulness. The time for what I desired had not yet come. I was given other instructions.

So I have been doing my best to dwell and cultivate, follow and trust. And the more I do, the more I notice my heart begin to transform. I begin to find joy in other places. I begin to desire other things.

Because my heart is aligning with the Lord's.

2 comments:

  1. Definitely an encouraging post! I am loving this We Encourage link up so much! Today is the first time I've participated, and I already feel like I've read so many wonderful, encouraging blog posts, like yours! It's like a big ol' hug from God! lol

    Before I became a Christian I never would have believed that God actually answers specific prayers. I would have said something like "Well that sounds pretty Science-Fictiony to me." But since I've become a believer, I have noticed time and time again that although God doesn't answer ALL of our prayers how WE want Him to, he does always answer, and He provides all that we need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful post and testimony of our great God! Thank you for sharing this today :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Yes, please!