Thursday, September 15, 2011

Thankful Thursday 6

Today I'm thankful for:

1. Good people with good hearts. Chelsey over at Paper Mama has an excellent post on her blog today. Here's my favorite part:

"Step back and rethink. This works for talking bad about someone. My girlfriends and I try our best to keep negative gossip out of our lives. We don't want to talk bad about people. We want to see the good in everyone. So, we just don't gossip very often. It's hard. You know there's just that one person that upset or hurt you and the thing you'd like to do MORE than anything is tell someone that can relate to you all about it. Before you do that... before you write that email to complain to someone about another person... step back and rethink. Maybe that negative thought doesn't need to be shared."
I stuggle so hard sometimes with the desire to tell the whole world how others have offended me. It's hard to keep my mouth shut and say only positive words about people, especially when I know they're not doing the same for me. Thanks Chelsey, for the reminder -- exactly what I needed this week!


2. We hit a dead deer last night on our way home from church. So thankful it didn't damage the car. I am noticing a pretty foul smell coming from the car now. Gross. If you have any suggestions for how to get rid of dead deer smell, please leave a comment. I'd be forever grateful.

3. Every time I pick my son up from the nursery at church, he smells like lady's perfume. I used to have mixed feelings about that, but now I am so thankful that they are in there holding and kissing and loving on my baby. This morning, they were so sweet to us, and it really makes me so happy.

4. I love the Bible Study I am a part of on Thusday mornings. The last two weeks have been so wonderful: I've laughed, cried, been challenged to think new ways and trust my Lord more. So thankful for that ministry and the women who run it.

5. Jess over at Running with Scissors has created adorable patterns for Halloween costumes. I think the patterns will be available next week for purchase. Jess has allowed me to test out the wolf pattern ahead of time. I am so excited about getting it finished and having Cohen's costume done so early. I'll share details of the finished product when I'm finished. For now, here's what I've got, haha:


6. My husband's brother's girlfriend (still with me?) had surgery this week and, from what I know, she's recovering well. I'm sure she'd appreciate your prayers, though!

7. I am noticing more and more yellow and orange spotting the trees each time I walk outside. So thankful for the upcoming season and cooler weather.


8. Two weeks ago, hubby and I had one of those serious conversations. About how things are going for us financially and what needs to happen for me to be able to stay home with the little guy next school year (and beyond, hopefully). I walked away sad and feeling a little defeated. So I prayed very specifically for what we need, and wouldn't you know I'm already seeing God work. He is taking care of us.

9. Eggo French Toaster Sticks (minus the syrup -- usually we do naked sticks. Sometimes we dunk them in applesauce). Cohen loves them. I just wish they were whole grain. Hint, hint, Eggo.


10. My baby sleeps 12 hours at night. Hello? How awesome is that? I am so thankful to be out of (fingers crossed) that up -all- night stage. Oh, so thankful. Mama loves her sleep.


Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
1 Thessalonians 5:18

What are you thankful for this week? You can post in the comment section below if you don't have a blog to post to!

1 comment:

  1. My kids loooooove the toaster sticks, too! The cinnamon ones, plain with no syrup as well. :) And this Mama adores her sleep, and it was on my list this week too! Good sleep is never overrated. (stopping by from Curious Georgi)

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Yes, please!